Sunday, September 28, 2008

Three years old

Today Gracie turned 3 years old. We spent the weekend cele-
brating. Yesterday, the whole family came for a party. Gracie enjoyed spending time with her cousins, grandparents and aunts and uncles, opening her gifts and eating cake.

Today, we celebrated Gracie's life as a family. And, at this point, I have to say how grateful I am to God for giving me such a precious daughter. He has blessed her with such a happy, joyful spirit and it is wonderful being her mother.

When I was first diagnosed, she was only 7 months old. The rest of her first year was a rocky one with me spending much time in the hospital, many different faces caring for her and a very abrupt switch to feeding with a bottle. But through it all, she smiled and remained a happy baby. Even before my illness, she had severe acid reflux, but she never cried or complained about it. God knew how much I needed a child like that during the hard times He gave us and I praise God every day for that.

And she continues to fill our lives and family with joy. I am amazed daily that Grace has continued to stay such a happy and content child, always doing her best to bring smiles to those around her. I have often seen her tender ways with Joost when he is upset or sad about something. Jeff and I pray that we will have wisdom as we raise her and that she will be called by God to be joyful, not only because He has made her that way, but more so because of her Savior, Jesus Christ.

Happy Birthday, Grace! We love you so much.

No comments: