Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The vote has been counted.

So, I'm getting bored with my voting spot and have decided to get rid of it. I already know what the gender of the baby is, and most other people know as well, so the polls might as well be closed. The final vote came out as 66% for a girl and 33% for a boy. Amazingly, the majority was correct (I will admit that I am suspicious and suspect that some no-do-gooders voted AFTER finding out the final verdict from the ultrasound, but I will allow their conscience to deal with them appropriately on that matter). God permitting, we are having a girl in January.


Now, I know the next question out of your mouth will be, "Have you chosen a name yet?"


Of course we have. The name was chosen long before we knew we were having a girl...or even before we knew we were having a third baby at all. But, you cannot know the name until after she has arrived--all pink and squishy and not looking as cute as she will be. Then the pink cigars and chocolate bars will be brought out and her name will be heralded before all the world. And not until then.



(In case there is any confusion--and there seems to be with some--we are not naming our daughter Amanda Elizabeth Jones. Her last name will continue to be van Bastelaar. That's the only hint I'll give you at this time.)

No comments: