Saturday, October 18, 2008

"This is the year...."


All season, I've been saying that. For those of you who do not know, I coach high school field hockey. This is my second year as an assistant coach for Harrisburg Christian School's varsity field hockey team. (The same school I graduated from, the same team I played on.) It's great fun. I love field hockey and it's so wonderful to work with such amazing girls. Their athletic abilities vary, but they all love and serve Christ, and that makes such a difference in building a team.

And this year, they were an outstand
-ing team. It looked bleak coming into the season. We lost five seniors last year. We only had one senior this year. We had a new goalie and a bunch of brand new players (some who had never played field hockey before). But the girls dug deep and pulled out an amazing season with some amazing feats--they had the season with the most wins ever in the school's field hockey history, they won a district game (first time for any female sport at HCS), and today, they became CCAC league champions! What an exciting game it was against Lancaster Christian. This was the year for it to happen. The girls honored God with their hard work and attitudes and it has been wonderful to see that rewarded. On Tuesday we play in our next district game. The excitement continues, and I am glad to be a part of it.

No comments: