Saturday, September 13, 2008

The beach, one more time

This past week, my parents spent their week in Rehoboth Beach and invited us to spend some of it with them. Jeff, due to his work schedule, could not join us, but the kids and I went down for a few days and had a ton of fun enjoying the beach one last time for the summer.

With the hurricane bringing in some unbeach like weather, we were able to enjoy some other activities like climbing a World War II watch tower at Cape Henlopen. I rarely fear heights (Ferris wheels excluded), but when it's my children up on a very high tower, I fear them a little. I think every mother's stomach might be able to relate. But, despite any nervous stomachs, we did see some lovely views from up at that height.

We did have some good days on the beach with lots of sand and water enjoyed by Joost and Grace. And every evening was perfectly cool enough for great board walk weather. It was great to be able to spend those days with Mom and Dad and we're thankful to them for sharing their rental house with us.

No comments: