Monday, February 9, 2009

Marjorie


I've been meaning to post a picture of my grandmother, Marjorie Elizabeth Rhoades (1925-1985), whose name we used for Kate's middle name. She died of cancer when I was in 2nd grade, but I made many happy memories with her before that. She was a wonderful grandmother whom I still think of often after all these years and still love dearly.

This is my grandpa and grandma's wedding picture. (At least we think it is. Rumor has it, that at their actual wedding, the person responsible for taking pictures did not have the film in the camera correctly, so there were very few pictures from the actual day. Grandma doesn't have a corsage on in this, so I think they had it taken after the fact.)


I love this shot of my grandparents. They are in Philadelphia, standing in front of Independence Hall. I am still determined to have Jeff and I pose in the same spot--although all the barriers that were put up around all the historic sites after 9/11 make it a bit more difficult to do so.


I love this picture and pull it out every Christmas. I'm pretty sure this was taken at my great grandmother's house on my grandparents' first married Christmas. (In fact, you can see the wedding picture from above on the top of the piano in this picture.)

1 comment:

KK said...

Wow...those pics are awesome! I really see Julie's mom in your Gram!