Tuesday, June 29, 2010

and now there's five

(Several days after taking the first pictures of the 2 eggs, I came back to see if any had hatched. Instead, I found 3 more eggs. Also, I might be mistaken. Instead of house finches, they may be purple finches. I think the father might have had some red on his head.)


*********************


"We're here, we're here," cried the baby birds
to their mother who perched on high.
"We were so afraid when we left you -
never more from you will we fly!"

"Oh, yes you will," said the mother bird,
"When the time is right one day,
You'll spread your wings in that big blue sky
and from me you'll fly away."

"Oh no mother dear," said the baby birds
from the nest where they sought to hide.
"The world is so big and scary too,
right here with you we'll abide!"

"For now, dear ones, you'll stay with me
and I'll never leave your side.
Together we will learn and grow
and I will be your guide."

"We'll swoop and dive and chase all fear;
we'll rejoice in being free,
and the day I wave goodbye to you,
you'll turn and wave to me."

No comments: