Sunday, November 29, 2009

after

This Christmas season, I've been having a bit of trouble tapping into the Christmas spirit. Most years, this is not an issue for me. In fact, my husband may argue that I have a bit too much some years. Today, however, as I watched Joost and Grace and their great joy and excitement in pulling out Christmas ornaments, the Christmas spirit began to grow. It is sweet to see my children love this holiday so much.


Soon, we had Linda Ronstadt's A Merry Little Christmas playing and Jeff was topping the tree with the star.


The kids enjoyed hearing some of the memories attached to the ornaments.


They each have a box of their own ornaments that have been given to them over their lives, and they were quick to tear through the boxes and hang each and every one.


As I looked at the ornaments and remembered such sweet memories connected to them, it also reminded me of the kind and generous God who has blessed our lives so much with family, health, joy, and most of all the gift of Christ. Without Him, the joy and love and hope for eternity found in Christmas, would not be there at all. Without Him, there would be nothing to celebrate.

1 comment:

Tesha said...

I've been having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year also! Whats that about? We don't have our tree up yet...we might be the only ones in Danville that still don't have a tree, so hopefully when we finally get one it will get me in the mood. But you're right. I don't need to be "in the Christmas mood" to praise our Lord for what he has done, but it should naturally flow from me. he is so good to us!