Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So cute it hurts

I am usually very frugal in my spending on professional pictures of the kids. I have a system that I stick to. They get a 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 12 month and 18 month picture taken, and then after that they get one annually around their birthdays. We have a great place near us that offers a $10 package for one shot that gives us more than enough prints for all our family and friends. That's all I allow myself to get...except today.

Today, I took all the kids in to get a picture of them together and one for Kate's 3 month scheduled picture. The kids were grumpy this morning, Grace skinned her knee on the way out to the car, Joost didn't want to tuck in his shirt--I was sure it was going to be a disastrous event.

But it wasn't. The kids were smiling cooperative champions and the photographer was able to get a ton of beautiful shots of them all. So, I caved and bought more than I planned on doing--a shot of each one of them and a picture of the three of them together. (I think I've become a bit more sentimental since Kate's birth. "Pictures like this great might not happen again..." "They're growing up so fast...") And the best part of it all--the extravagance included a disc with every picture taken on it. So you get to enjoy them, too. Here are some of my favorites....






















5 comments:

KK said...

What great pics! I'm sure it was worth it!

Laura said...

Love the pictures! Kate looks so much like Grace (and you)...just beautiful! Would have never known the day started how rough, but then kids have a knack for being difficult with mom and then smiling pretty for others, don't they?! =)

Beth said...

The pictures are darling! I love them all. The girls look so sweet in their dresses. I love the one of just Joost and Kate. He looks so grown up! The one of just Grace is so cute too! They did turn out so well.

Tesha said...

Precious pictures!

the lovely years said...

Beautiful!