Thursday, November 13, 2008

Field trip

This school year, Jeff and I decided to wait to send Joost to kindergarten (he turned five near the end of the summer), and to not put him back in preschool. I thought I'd try a little academic training at home in the areas that would be helpful for school next year. I also thought it would be fun to go on some field trips every few weeks. I wanted very much to get in a major trip before baby comes, so today we set out early for Philadelphia and The Franklin Institute Science Museum.


Mom and Andrew joined us for the day. The kids and I had a fun time at the museum. There was an incredible amount of hands-on displays. We could have spent much longer in each exhibit. They even made their own paper with the help of a kind museum guide.








After four hours, I had to pull them away so we could eat lunch. The kids were able to experience their first Philly cheesesteak (a true learning experience) at Abner's--the university city restaurant that Jeff and I frequented often while we dated (we first went there on our 2nd date.)


After a few other favorite stops in Philly, we made our way home with (amazingly) no traffic on 76. That, in and of itself, made it a really great field trip!

2 comments:

Tesha said...

Looks fun! We'll have to do a field trip together sometime!

KK said...

Looks like a great time. How fun for the kids to have their Uncle and Grandma there!