Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spittin' Image


Last night, when I picked up Gracie from her Kids Club class at church, I was given a large piece of paper rolled up nicely and tied with a string. I was curious (and maybe slightly nervous) about being sent home with a piece of a two year old's art that I would need to find a place large enough to display. But, I carried the work home carefully and discouraged Joost from using it as a missile launcher. Once the piece was safely transported to our home, we were able to open it and see it for all its glory. What we found was a drawing, so like to the image of Grace, that I nearly thought there were two of her in the room.

Actually, in all seriousness, I am not trying to mock the efforts of the devoted Kids Club teachers that took the time to trace my daughter. That would be no easy task. I think it's a clever craft and I appreciate the time and effort you put into teaching the 2 & 3 year olds. I actually just wanted an excuse to post this picture because I think the real Gracie looks especially cute in it.

No comments: