Sunday, March 9, 2008

Laura's wedding

The past few days have been a flurry of wedding activities as I helped prepare for and participate in my cousin, Laura's, wedding. On Friday, many of my family members and I went to Chambersburg to help decorate the church for the ceremony. Friday evening was the rehearsal and dinner.

Saturday, although it was very rainy and cold, was a lovely wedding day with so many friends and family there to celebrate with Laura and Lowell. I was honored to be a bridesmaid for Laura. Julie, her sister, was the matron of honor. And my sister-in-law, Rachel, was also in the wedding. Todd (Laura's brother) and Chris (Julie's husband) were also able to stand in the wedding and Rylan and Cassidy (Jule and Chris's son and daughter) were adorable as ringbearer and flower girl. (All of us are to the left of Laura in the picture.)

Joost and Grace were in attendance at the wedding, and Grace let out a loud "Amen!" at the end of the service during the benediction when the pastor said amen. We were unsure if she was just agreeing with the union, or was ready to get the service over! The kids were very well behaved during the whole two days of wedding busyness.

I had wanted to be able to show a picture of my entire family so that I could show off my parents and brother, but it did not turn out. Instead, here are a few other shots from the day.


Our handsome little man, Joost.



Aunt Dee and Uncle Frank with Laura.




We wish Laura and Lowell the best as they embark on their life together.

1 comment:

Earl Family said...

Hi Liz, you guys all looked great! I love Grace's dress, I actually just picked up the same one for Emily for Easter. I let her pick it out of their mailing and went and got it for her. We're looking forward to seeing all of you next month.