Friday, January 11, 2008

Another year for Mom

Today, my mother celebrates another birthday. She is truly an example of a life well-lived. I know few other mothers that compare in the height and depth of love and support she has given Andrew and I over the years.

She gave birth to me, put me on the bus my first day of school, sacrificed to be a stay-at-home mother and pinched the penny even more so that Andrew and I could attend a Christian school. She made stunning dresses for my high school formals, hand wrote weekly letters to me while at college and worked a job she didn't love to help me with college costs. She helped me move in and out of 5 different apartments and houses, stayed with me after childbirth and lived with us for 6 months after the discovery of my tumor to support me through that. And now, she gladly gives her own time and energy to watch Joost and Grace whenever I need her to. She is an incomparable mother and I thank God for her...especially today, as we reflect on another year that she has lived and given to others.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: