Friday, August 31, 2007

Today he turns 33...


Today is my husband's birthday. And I think that is a good enough reason to sing his praises. The following are 33 reasons why I love Jeff. (Feel free to add your own.)

1. He is the spiritual leader of our home.
2. He's very funny.
3. He is a hard worker.
4. He is devoted to me and I can trust him completely.
5. He loves theology and he understands it (and is able to explain and discuss it) better than many seminary grads I know.
6. He thinks I'm the best cook--even when I've only made a pot of mashed potatoes.
7. He encourages me to try new things and take up old hobbies like painting and field hockey.
8. He's the most handsome man around.
9. He loves Joost and Grace with all his heart (and reminds them of that regularly).
10. He is a good, talented, honest and smart lawyer and other attorneys want him to work with them.
11. He plans for the future and yet rests in the sovreignty and goodness of God's plan.
12. He's been willing to watch every version of Pride and Prejudice with me (including Bollywood's Bride and Prejudice.)
13. He looks great in preppy, plaid shorts.
14. He likes boxy cars.
15. He looked death in the face with me and stood strong.
16. Our children's spiritual maturity is one of the most important things to him.
17. He thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world--even with only half a head of hair.
18. He's happy and content that we moved to my home town.
19. He's never been addicted to video games.
20. He has life long friends.
21. He thoroughly enjoys God's creation and is teaching our kids to do the same.
22. He enjoys dressing up and looks great in a suit and tie.
23. He enjoys the same movies and tv shows that I do.
24. He provides for his family.
25. He is the best travel companion.
26. He treats my family as his own.
27. He secretly loves our 3-legged cat, Noah, although he will go to the grave denying it.
28. He is always ready to encourage me about being a good mother and the importance of my job.
29. He's okay with the fact that Friday night date night involves an obsessive-compulsive detective and a pretend psychic.
30. He taught me how to swing dance.
31. No matter how tired he is after a long day of work, he always has enough energy to play with the kids and continue the daily "tickle fest".
32. He prays with and for his children.
33. He chose me to be his wife.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I had to wish Jeff "Happy Birthday" myself! I got a little tearful around #15. I think that your 33 are perfect but I will say that I like Jeff's laugh. I can remember both of your laughs exactly and I miss you the most when I hear someone's laugh that reminds me of yours. Jeff's is unique to him and I mean that in a good way. =)