Thursday, April 18, 2013

Props for Pottery Barn

We bought a new media armoire a few months ago from Pottery Barn.  About a month or two after we received it, I realized that one of the hinges was missing a small part.  I called costumer service to see if it would be possible to replace the hinge.



After a few days, they got back to me and told me that PB does not make that piece of furniture, so it is impossible to replace the hinge unless they could get it from the original company that made the piece.

I didn't hear back from them and assumed it was a lost cause.

Yesterday, I received an unexpected call from Pottery Barn asking to set up a delivery time.  I couldn't imagine what they were talking about and so I told them they must be mistaken.  She said that she wasn't, they were to drop off a media armoire.  I told her we'd received it months ago.  "No," she said, "this is a replacement for the one that has a missing part."



Well, to say the least, I was shocked!  I'm also impressed.  It also gave me a good laugh--a new armoire because of a small part missing on a hinge!


1 comment:

Tesha said...

Beautiful! What did you do with the old one. I bet you could sell it on Craig's List and make a bunch of money...or maybe they took it.