Saturday, December 19, 2009

cookie baking

I'm a huge fan of traditions. There's nothing like a cherished event to look forward to each year. I grew up with many wonderful traditions, and I've been happy to establish some for my own family, as well. For us, Christmas probably has the most traditions--just as I'm sure it is for most families. One of those that I enjoy is cookie baking. I don't like baking cookies on my own, but when done with others, it's a fun day. Mom and I have been able to do that since our move back to Harrisburg. This past Thursday we baked at our house. Here are a few pictures from the day...



Dad was even able to join in some of the fun after work.




I think if you're 4 or 6 years old, there is true pride in messy, floured hands.



After 8 hours of baking, Mom packed tins and tins of cookies. These are some of the last to be packed up.

1 comment:

Lauren Kooistra said...

I enjoyed the fruits of your labor today ;-) Not to mention your company, and the joy that is your children. Thanks so much for fitting me into your day and making it special, and for being my friend! Love and Merry Christmas to you!