Saturday, February 2, 2008

Laura Beth's shower

My little cousin is getting married in 5 weeks. Today we threw her a bridal shower. It's a lot of fun because Jule (her sister, my cousin and friend) is in the wedding and so is Rachel (my sister-in-law, Laura's life long friend) along with myself, so we had fun planning a shower together. I hosted it in my home and the past week has been a crazy flurry of activity to get ready for it.

Let me step back a month or two. When we moved into our house, our downstairs bathroom was partially unfinished. We've been wanting to finish it since then, but were not able to for one reason or another until after Christmas. We thought we would just put up wainscoting to finish the wall under the chair rail, but one thing lead to another and before we knew it, we were repainting all the non-papered areas white, replacing the sink, toilet and putting in new tiling on the floor. This stretched the project out much longer than expected and so work on the bathroom was being done even late last night and early this morning! But we are so happy with the result and thank my Dad for all his hard work on the bathroom--he really is a plumbing and wainscoting master. I wish I had taken a picture of "the before" so that you could fully appreciate the wonder of our new bathroom.

Anyway, back to the subject of the blog...Jule, Rachel and I hosted 29 women for this afternoon tea shower. We sent out invitations to 32 women and fully expected that a decent perecentage would decline, but only 3 turned us down, and I had a packed living room! But it was so much fun to have so many wonderful women in one place that loved Laura (and us) through the years so much. We had tea, finger sandwiches and pastries and Laura recieved so many wonderful gifts to help her set up her home.

No comments: