Monday, June 4, 2007

Our little man, Joost

It's quite an overwhelming thing to realize that your first baby is now a child. Everyone says it, but the years pass more quickly than I thought they would and now he is on the verge of turning four. His gentle (most of the time) and careful spirit has made parenting a joy. He loves to learn and read books with us and his memory astounds us daily...he has learned many answers to the children's Westminster Shorter Catechism and helps mommy remember her grocery shopping list at the store!

Thomas the Train is his long standing favorite playmate and Grace comes in at a close second. He can spend hours setting up tracks, building stations and bridges and telling train stories.


We are fortunate that inspite of the two hour distance between Joost and his cousins, he remains quite close to them. Below you can see him and his three cousins (Joshua, Emily and Kassie) who are all within a month of Joost's age.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yea...you have a blog! I am so excited that I have a way to visually and daily keep up with you guys. I can't believe how old the kids are! I remember very well when you were pregnant with Joost. I also love your house- it looks like it suits you well. I'm also glad that I am the first person to post a comment (had to add that too). Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Love and miss you guys!

liz said...

Elizabeth,
It is so good to see your kids. Joost is SO grown up!! Gracie is so cute. It has been so long. Your house looks fabulous. I am so happy for you.